Why won't my weapon's spiritbond increase? What am I doing wrong?

1. I am a lvl 42 BLM with a lvl 26 staff equipped... It currently has 45% spiritbond, and I have taken it to slaw lvl 39-40 enemies, however the spiritbond never increases. I have also tried lvl 29 enemies and no increase. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    knucklehead - 1 week ago - report

1. Enemies in the field do not give spiritbond, except when doing FATEs.

Also, make sure you replace that staff before you do the level 41 dungeon or the optional ones at levels 35 and 38.
    RocketJess (Expert) - 1 week ago - report 2   0

Answers

1. Make sure the gear is fully healed and that you are gaining EXP from the kills. Also, the scaling is best from around 8-15 levels difference and having materia equipped if possible. Ragnawind - 1 week ago - report 2   1
  2. Also, you need to do a dungeon that drops gear with a similar item level. For that weapon, you can try Hauke Manor and see if there is any change. Ragnawind - 1 week ago - report