How do I install the DLC through Steam?

1. I've purchased the DLC after beating the main game and Steam tells me it will be accessible after launching the game. It also gives me a key. After I launch the game, there's no apparent way to access the DLC and no place to input the key. How can I play the DLC?

User Info: Dr_Mo

Dr_Mo - 7 years ago

Answers

1. It's annoying but easy. get the validation key from steam (right click on bats in steam) and write it down (old fashioned hey!). then launch the game and activate your games for windows window. then under activate code on the right enter the code and the dlc will start downloading. once done, should be there to play as a seperate icon (not in your main game saves, it won't activate that way, its a stand alone) once you've chosen your playthrough. steam helpfully doesn't tell you that, likely because they're rival digital platforms. but they'll take your money... hope that helps.

User Info: fbadt

fbadt - 7 years ago 0   0
  2. fbadt5 is right, this actually works! Writing down the validation key isn't necessary, BTW. Using the 'copy to clipboard' gadget from within Steam (right click on the title of the game, then choose 'View CD Key') and then pressing Ctrl-V when you're in the Games for Windows screen, ready to activate a new key will do the trick.
    Bizarre that Steam doesn't handle this better!

User Info: Blucher2

Blucher2 - 7 years ago 0   0
  3. I did all the steps fbadt, but when enter then code and press download now it says games for windows - live failed to launch and then gives me the option to ignore or troubleshoot but when i press troubleshoot it just exits the game. What should i do

User Info: DerpyHooves73

DerpyHooves73 - 7 years ago 0   0
  4. You must sign in with your microsoft account

User Info: brawlfanboy9

brawlfanboy9 - 6 years ago 0   0