Blackguard Divine Spells?

1. Does Blackguard class kit gain divine spell casting? and if so @ what level?

User Info: Itherael

Itherael - 7 years ago

1. He's a purely "Evil" trait character. This game abides by the core rules of AD&D's Second Edition. Here's all of the disadvantages of playing/using Blackguard:
    1. Alignment restricted to Evil (Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil).
    2. May not cast "Detect Evil".
    3. May not cast "Protection From Evil".
    4. May not use "Lay on Hands" Ability.
    According to the main set of rules, "a Blackguard has the ability to cast a small number of Divine Spells, by default he can't use scrolls or wands, otherwise the ability to cast is unaffected. Level of intelligence doesn't really affect Blackguard's ability to cast as long as his INT is at least at 8, but he needs Wisdom of at least 10 + the Spell's level, so a Blackguard with a Wisdom of exactly 10 (or lower) cannot really cast anything".

You should get your first Priest Spell by the time you gain Level 9, if you're playing Blackguard. Because Blackguard abides by Paladin's leveling chart, and that requires Level 9 for Priest Spells. Obviously you wouldn't be able to get the maximum out of it all if you're not importing him into the sequel, due to the obviously obvious EXP cap in the first game, and by the time you'll start playing the sequel you'll probably start dual-classing, so...I just wonder...

Anyway, that's basically that.
    I hope that this information helps you, I think that it's about time that this question is finally closed once and for all. Have a nice day/night and I wish you the best of results.

P.S. According to my calculations you'll be somewhat fine playing a Blackguard who casts Divine Spells as long as you won't get hit by Mind Flayer's brain draining or something similar.

User Info: Master_Faust

Master_Faust - 6 years ago 1   0