Exactly how does focus work?

1. I just got my first focus ability, but it doesnt say how MUCH focus it costs.My stats screen tells me my current and max focus, but the in game meter is confusing. At first it looks like 2 or 3 blue diamonds, which move around my stamina meter towards the right while gaining grey/black diamonds to the left of the blue ones...??? and then at some point this all dissappears and is replaced by a yellow/white bar ... what the heck is all of this supposed to communicate to me??? It all sees so non-intuitive....

User Info: NuclearSunset

NuclearSunset - 4 years ago

Answers

1. The diamonds are a crappy way to show that you are filling up your focus bar. Once its filled it turns yellow/white and you can use your ability. Further into the story you can get upgrades to make your focus bar up to 3 units long. Also if you were to use a focus ability it uses all FULL focus bars to power the skill... (ex: you have 2 and a half bars of focus, activating the tempest 'Thousand Cuts' uses 2 bars and uses level 2 of TC. Leaving you with a one half filled bar.) Hope this helps :)

User Info: L33TPWNERS

L33TPWNERS - 4 years ago 1   0
  2. Each Focus Ability uses ONE meter of Focus.
    Having more Focus meters means those abilities are more powerful when you use them.

The downside is that you need two perks to get all three meters, so if you don't plan on making Focus Moves an integral part of your strategy, then I would say don't bother with them at all.

User Info: CommanderAngel1

CommanderAngel1 - 2 years ago 1   0
  3. I agree with you, from what I've seen so far they could have done a better job on Focus. One way to tell how much Focus you have is to(ridiculously) check in the character attributes screen way at the bottom. It also appears you cannot choose which level of Focus to trigger; if you have level 3 saved up then you use it all. Basically I think you need full Focus(100 at level 1) to use it.

User Info: Brajzah

Brajzah - 4 years ago 0   0