PC: Disable Console Commands?

1. So my fiance got Inquisition for PC and he uses the tilde key for teamspeak. Of course, this is frustrating because the console commands also use that key. Is there a way to disable console commands? I was thinking the solution could be to change the settings in-game. He does not want to go through teamspeak and change his options, because he's been using the tilde key religiously.

Also, he cannot uncheck the option in origins to disable origins in-game for some reason.

Please no snarky remarks. If you have nothing nice to say, leave. I don't need trolls. I just want to make sure he's happy again. Thanks.

User Info: shorthilt

shorthilt - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Disabling Orgins in game will not remove the console from ingame. and I am pretty sure that there is no easy way to rebind the ~ key. It is pretty standard for PC games to use that key to open the console.

You probably could do it, though it would likely mean you would either have to create/find a mod for it or you would have to delve into the guts of the game, which is risky if you do not know what you are doing. The easiest and fastest solution would be to find another convenient key to bind for the mic.

User Info: wtlonewolf20

wtlonewolf20 - 4 years ago 0   0
  2. remap the key using key remapping software, then teach vent or TS the new key's value. key rebinding software makes changing the key simple, just make sure you download from a trustworthy site.

User Info: adriennelo

adriennelo - 4 years ago 0   0