How do you fish in the sky?

1. There are some quest fish and at least one normal fish that are meant to be fished in the sky. The problem is I have found all the sky islands and looked at the clouds too. The largest natural "lake" I found up there is perhaps 8 blocks of water. I believe a body of water must contain at least 75 blocks to be viable for fishing. Does the game expect you to build an artificial pond in the sky if you ever want to get fish like cloudfish and damselfish? If so, that's the only lake type you would be forced to create yourself, and that sounds counter-intuitive. Also, if I build my own lake, what would be considered the lower height limit? The wiki gives the height as "sky" or "floating island" for some of these fish, but that doesn't tell me where the surface zone ends and sky begins.

User Info: Person106

Person106 - 6 years ago

1. You need to find a floating island. If you're lucky, you'll find one that's got a huge lake instead of a Skyplate house. If not, then you'll need a lot of trips to a source of water. The thing is that there is no "sky" layer but instead the Surface layer is right under the Space layer which is usually where floating islands spawn..

User Info: GabePuratekuta

GabePuratekuta - 5 years ago 4   0

1. After some experimentation, I have found out that the best method to get "sky" fishes is to just build an artificial lake in an floating isle. It does not even have to be above ground, just dig a large hole (300+ blocks recommended) and fill it with duplicated water.

User Info: LordLolTrolTroo

LordLolTrolTroo - 6 years ago 0   0
  2. Your best bet would be to find a floating island, but the amount of water would be inadequate for your needs. As LordLolTrolTroo stated, the best way to fish in the sky would be to create a artificial lake, in which case you will have to become familiar with how circuits work. After that, create the equivalent of a 300+ block lake, and happy fishing.

User Info: yoshi5276

yoshi5276 - 6 years ago 0   0