All the addons on my skyrim were gone/reinstalled but questlines were restarted?

1. skyrim legendary edition i was pretty deep into the dawnguard and dragonborn and my addons got deleted someohow on my xbox 360 so i reinstalled and went to an an older save to be safe but stilll all my houses were gone and family and quests restarting...help pllease

User Info: PinkSorcerer49

PinkSorcerer49 - 3 weeks ago

Answers

1. if your playing on oldrim and its a goty, it shouldnt do that. those dlc are baked into the disc and so it should install along with the base game. the only thing that makes me think that could cause that is that your hard drive could be busted. not to scare you but it could happen, or the disc itself is getting unreadable. i have that happen to my ps4 fallout 4 and now it wont install. have you tried other disc(of oldrim or other game) that doesnt have the same issue?

User Info: ASCIIgodEX

ASCIIgodEX - 3 weeks ago 1   0
  2. addition: now that ive read some more, you did mentioned the quest getting restarted, so i also now know the dlc are getting corrupted and the quest gets zeroed out as it was gone for a moment(or a single instance of save) and the game tries to reinitialize the quest and its variables to how it should be before you get the dlc in theory. and beside, those dlc isnt baked into the base game, they comes in a separate esm(thats pc file convention btw) and so does the quest.

User Info: ASCIIgodEX

ASCIIgodEX - 3 weeks ago 1   0