Why is my companion sometimes motionless and can't respond?

1. We were just finishing killing two bandits. I started moving down the trail and noted that my companion was motionless and no sentence appeared when I tried speaking to her. I had to go to my last save to correct the problem.

User Info: QuickPerformer3

QuickPerformer3 - 4 weeks ago
  2. Are you using mods?

You might have to troubleshoot your installed mods if you are.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy - 4 weeks ago

1. Try resetting her by stealing a cup or plate then going to jail. Once you get out of jail, your follower should be outside waiting for you. I reset Cicero like this when he was stuck in a crouching position even after I used "Healing Hands" on him.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes - 3 weeks ago 2   0

Answers

1. There are a lot of bugs with followers. This is why i don't use them very often. Many things could have happened that could have caused this. Next time, try shouting a Fus at your follower to see if they react with the proper animation of being staggered. Going in and out of a place might reset them since the game is supposed to load them with you whenever you enter a different cell. If all else fails, reload a save so save often.

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 1   0
  2. save game quit to dashboard and reload game and save should fix this if not a mod issue.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 1   0
  3. In my experience, they were probably dead, just bugged and hadn't done their death animation. Bethesda games are so fun!!

User Info: DGezus

DGezus - 2 weeks ago 0   0
  4. PTSD when they hear the dragon music play

User Info: Whimsical_Gamer

Whimsical_Gamer - 3 weeks ago 0   3