Where is the creationkit.exe file?

1. I was watching the video by Darkfox127 on how to install the creation kit properly and was fine up until the point at 4:20 where he went to go alter the creationkit.exe file after downloading it. IIts apparently supposed to allow the dlcs to be loaded or something. I have no files of that name in my skyrim special edition folder. I have some that look similar but look totally different inside than what is on the video. How can I find it? Is it in another place or did I mess something up?

This is really my first time doing anything computer file/mod related so please try to be as specific as possible

User Info: QuaintMerchant7

QuaintMerchant7 - 4 weeks ago

1. Since you are asking in the PC section I will guess that you are using Windows 10. The folder itself may just be Creationkit without the dot-exe but to find the file:
    1. Open File Explorer (use the taskbar or right-click on the Start menu).
    2. Then when selecting the location select This PC to look in all devices and drives on your computer
    3. Type Creationkit.exe (usually at the bottom next to the search icon).

That should show all possible files that match. If there aren't any then remove the dot-exe and try that.

If the file isn't there then you may need to try to install again, or possibly even download and install. Good luck!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 2   0