the keyboard layout is cumbersome and giving me cramps ?

1. does anyone have experience remapping the keyboard layout
    i need a suggestion
    i can't take it
    i'm getting cramps in my arm
    particularly egregious is the "z" key for shouts
    i tried to use the logitech software to map the z to one of the buttons on my m570 trackball, but it didn't work
    i never use the "q" button. why didn't they map shout to q instead of z where it is almost impossible to reach

User Info: hmazuji

hmazuji - 1 month ago
  2. fumbling around for keys
    am i losing my sense of proprioception
    getting old sucks the big turd
    but i'm fairly certain getting cramps from using the keyboard is a common problem

User Info: hmazuji

hmazuji - 1 month ago

1. Assuming you don't have access to a controller, I'd bind all the commands to keys you can reach comfortably: WADS for movement, E for context commands (open door, talk to person, activate object, etc), Tab for journal, Shift for Sneak, R to ready/sheathe weapon, Q for shout, T for Favorites...

Another thing you could consider is binding commands to your mouse, if you have the buttons to spare.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy (Expert) - 1 month ago 9   0
  2. i didn't do all that, but will definitely take a look
    what i did do was bind shout to the q key, and the favorites to t
    and yes, cntl for sneak is off the chart, but i don't use it as many times as shout
    z for shout ? what were they thinking about

User Info: hmazuji

hmazuji - 4 weeks ago
  3. As a pianist and semi-pro gamer, hitting z from neutral with my left ring finger doesn't seem that overly hard, just might seem odd/awkward if you're not used to it, and using my pinkie only when moving left at the same time by doing a standard full hand shift to the left (so that all 4 fingers outside of the thumb are in a almost-straight axis, raised and bent, pointer resting on 4.), though this overall isn't common, as situations where you have to shout/use an ability at the same time you're moving to the left just... aren't common. You can also technically hit Z with your middle finger, as from general neutral it's on nearly the same axis as W, aka your middle neutral position. Though moving off of W is far less common than moving off of A in general gameplay, almost regardless of game.

Rebinds are generally preferable, but just thought I'd chime in on potential alternative movement in case people can't figure out how to get rebinds properly working, or are playing modded with the need for extra keys, as some mods add more controls for their features.

User Info: AtomicArtumas

AtomicArtumas - 2 weeks ago