Can't find Meridia's beacon using clairvoyance?

1. Spoke to Meridia’s statue and got the quest to find her beacon. No quest marker came up, so I used the clairvoyance spell for it, which worked terribly. First it lead me to a completely different quest which I didn’t have selected, lead me in circles for a little bit, and now I’ve gotten to a point where it leads me up the mountain, stops, leads me back where I came, stops, leads me back up the mountain etc etc. Does this mean anything or is the game just broke, and how can I find the beacon without the spell?

User Info: gorgongf

gorgongf - 11 months ago

1. Hey bro, I always find Meridia's beacon at bleakwind basin giant camp. Ive played legendary edition on ps3 1100-1800+hours each play through and I'm currently playing SSE 150 hours so far. I'm actually on the break of dawn quest to get dawnbreaker. Every time I play skyrim it's always at bleakwind basin giant camp. I got the Beacon at level 13 and am now level 31 doing the quest to cleanse the temple/ruin.

User Info: MustakrakeshKin

MustakrakeshKin - 11 months ago 2   2
  2. Clairvoyance will never work on exploration type quests. If it don't have a quest marker then clairvoyance will lead you every which way an item could be and to where the quest originates, like it did to you.

User Info: MustakrakeshKin

MustakrakeshKin - 11 months ago
  3. Thank you, this rly helped! I only just started playing so I am clueless lol

User Info: gorgongf

gorgongf - 11 months ago

1. The quest item doesn't spawn until you reach Level 12, after which it can be found in any of the many chests scattered across Skyrim.

Reach Level 12, then go to look for it again.

User Info: hylianarmy

hylianarmy (Expert) - 11 months ago 0   0
  2. The beacon is found in a random chest during questing. You should go do other quest until you stumble on it. It's not a good idea to do that quest at low level. First reason, Malkoran is way more powerful than the shades you fight along the way. Second, those shades are the souls of dead soldiers so they are all grand level soul. I recently completed the temple and filled up about 14 grand soul gems along the way.

No need to hurry, the quest will still be there and wait for you.

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter (Expert) - 11 months ago 0   0