My current location marker won't rotate, how can I fix it?

1. I have Skyrim PC with all three DLCs. On my world map screen the current location icon that marks the player always points south towards the camera, regardless of my character's orientation. If I rotate the world map with right-click, it continues to face whichever direction the camera is facing from. This only seems to happen when I view the world map while in cities/interior areas. Local maps can rotate fine. If I open the world map when outside in the over world, it operates correctly. I've tried reinstalling, cleaning out the directories, having steam validate files, ect. but I can't seem to get rid of this. My Skyrim Install is not modded except for Skyui on the steam workshop.

Or perhaps I'm simply confused, and the world map current location marker never rotated while inside places? Coulda sworn it used to...

User Info: DefeatedBard24

DefeatedBard24 - 4 weeks ago

1. Not a problem I have ever encountered. The player pointer shows the direction the player is facing in local maps, and has always pointed South in the world map.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 1   0
  2. Also, my local map doesn't rotate on right-click, but can be dragged to reveal previously seen areas holding down the LMB. Never has rotated as far as I can remember. The world map rotates but the pointers don't change orientation.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff - 4 weeks ago