Is there any difference between forges?

1. I've got interested about smithing recently and I've seen many kinds of forges (sky, atronach and lunar) and would like to know if there's any difference between them like: a great sword created with skyforge will be stronger than a great sword created using a normal forge?

User Info: raonn

raonn - 2 weeks ago

1. The Atronach Forge beneath the College of Winterhold is not a forge at all, but a magical alter that transforms "offerings" into something else. Think of it more like an Enchanting Table and not a forge at all.

The Lunar Forge has no special properties. Use any enchanting table to disenchant any Lunar weapon to learn the spell for the Lunar enchantment buff.

Once you complete the Glory of the Dead quest for the Companions, you can use the Skyforge to create "Nord Hero" weapons" and Ancient Nord armor. If I am remembering correctly, they require weapons and armor you get off of Draugr and are a reforging/upgrade to those pieces, better quality, lighter weight. If you are playing Legendary Edition (may also be in Special Edition, but I can't confirm that), those weapons and armor are incorrectly flagged to require the Daedric Smithing perk. They are reflagged by the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP) to Steel Smithing to improve.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 3   0

1. You can also use Dawnguards forge to upgrade Crossbows to enhanced versions if you already have the base version.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 2   0