How do I get rid of The Companions members guard dialog via console?

1. So I plan on getting the PC version since I liked it on the Switch, but one thing that plagued me was them in guard mode when I had a bounty anywhere. I found it ridiculous. So when I get the PC version I plan on removing the faction that makes them a guard. I don't care about any negative side affects, I just want to get er' done when I get the PC version.

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966 - 1 week ago

Answers

1. Probably mods will do it. Not sure if the unofficial patch fixes this glitch but it probably does. It does alter other things however so you may want to find a mod that just fixes the dialogue for the two imbeciles...I mean brothers. :)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne - 5 days ago 0   0
  2. Removing the bounty is usually easier than changing dialog or turning it off.

While facing the guard, open the console, then click on the guard then type in:

paycrimegold 0 0

hit enter.

Close the console

That should clear your bounty without transporting you to the jail location for the hold you had the bounty in.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 4 days ago 0   0
  3. HOWEVER. If you insist on wanting to remove the guard faction here's how you do it:

SAVE THE GAME! Because you are probably going to regret doing it so you can reload from before it happens.

You will need to know the faction id you want to remove. In front of the guard you want to remove the faction from, open the console, click on the guard. Type in:

addfac <faction ID> -1

Hit enter. The -1 will remove the actor from the faction in question.

Close the console and hope that 10 levels later you haven't borked that character so badly that you can't progress a quest they are essential to.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 4 days ago 0   0
  4. When you add the faction ID, DO NOT TYPE the < > brackets, that's just to signify that as a placeholder.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff - 4 days ago
  5. Just for the record Geoff TC is on about the Companions Vilkas and Farkas and not actual guards in game. They both have that arrest bug where they act like guards if you have a bounty but cannot arrest you so just draw you into their speech dialogue which can get annoying fast. On consoles anyway.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne - 4 days ago 0   0