How many times can you recharge an enchanted weapon?

1. When it comes to enchanting/enchanted weapons after they are depleted you recharge them with soul gems...

My question is how many times can you recharge a weapon? I was looking at the Staff of Magnus on the Skyrim wiki and it says it has 5,000 charges and 17 uses (how many times you can recharge it) but every other enchanted weapon does not have this information.

Does this mean that all the other enchanted weapons have an unlimited amount of times you can recharge it and the limit on recharges is only for the Staff of Magnus?

Or do all enchanted weapons have a limited amount of times you can recharge it?

User Info: TheVictorian

TheVictorian - 1 month ago

1. Most weapons won't have a limit on the number of charges. I don't know why that one has a limit. Actually if you have 100% magicka cost reduction for destruction, or conjuration, then your weapon won't even use the charges. That is expensive, but just so you know.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0

1. Regarding the Staff of Magnus, chaoyun2k is correct. There are limits to that staff that are not present on other, standard items. If you crank up you Destruction skill to 100%, however, you can get infinite uses as the staff does not discharge.

Named weapons/staves/shields/etc, are considered "Uniques", and often have properties that are different from non-named items. For example - "Wabbajack" - the staff that you get as a reward for completing the quest "The Mind of Madness" - can't be recharged at all. If I'm remembering correctly (I haven't used in in ages), you get 20 uses and it's done.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0