How do I get master Bori to show up?

1. During the part of the quest “The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller” where you get the Graybeard’s greeting Master Bori doesn’t show up. I have tried everything I can think of. I waited, I loaded saves, I just stood there. Then I tried to use cheats, teleporting Bori to me, no luck. So then I disabled all of my mods (excluding dlcs) and turned off all my cheats. I’ll give you 3 guesses what happened, if you guessed Master Bori did not show, you are correct.
    If someone can tell why this is happening and how to make not happen, I’d be very grateful. (I don’t care how, just so long as I don’t have to reset my game)

User Info: LightJuggler61

LightJuggler61 - 2 weeks ago

1. Are you playing Special Edition (64 bit) or Legendary Edition/Oldrim (32 bit)?

Do you have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch for the version of the game you are paying? The Unofficial patches fix a boatload of issues that Bethesda has never dealt with.

Known bug, per the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages wiki:

"If you enter High Hrothgar from the back door (where you perform the shout "whirlwind sprint"), the Greybeards may not congregate in the hall and the quest will not progress (stuck on "speak to Arngeir"). Exit from the front door and re-enter before speaking to Master Arngeir to progress."

"PC Only: This bug is fixed by version 1.2.4 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch."

You can use console commands to advance the quest. Open the debug console and type in:

player.sqs MQ105

hit enter - this should give you the stage number the game thinks you are on. Type in:

setstage MQ105 100

hit enter - this should give you the word of power for the next test. Type in:

setstage MQ105 120

hit enter - this should mark the demonstration complete.

Close the console and you should get the last "Speak to Arngeir for further training" objective before proceeding on your way to the next quest.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 1   0