Where can I find Lydia after the Dawnbreaker quest? / Where can I find the key for the room where I fought Malkoran?

1. After receiving the Dawnbreaker from Meridia I couldn't find Lydia. This happened two times in a row already after I loaded my last save where she was still there, but again, when I finished the quest she wasn't anywhere to be found.

Does anyone has any leads where to find her? Like my house in Whiterun or in Sky Haven Temple because she just recently joined The Blades? Or maybe she was left behind when Meridia got me out of Kilkreath Temple?

Someone told me in Reddit when I asked the same question that she's stuck in the room where Malkoran was. He also mentioned that the door leading to that room can be accessed by a key. If that's true, where can I possibly find the key?

*BTW, I'm using Nintendo Switch that's why I cannot use console commands*

Thank you very much!

User Info: FMR

FMR - 8 months ago

1. The Switch has all of the bugs that the Unofficial Patch fixed, so you may be FUBAR. And this would be why I don't play on a Switch. Can't fix those bugs.

Default location for Lydia will be Breezehome in Whiterun, UNLESS you assigned her to go somewhere else when she is dismissed. You mentioned she is a Blade as well as your follower, so yes, Sky Haven Temple is a possible location.

If someone told you there is a key to room? Ask THEM where it is, I've not been able to find any mention of being able to re-enter the room except with the below from the Elderscrolls fandom wiki page:

"The iron door leading into the final hall will be locked after the completion of "The Break of Dawn." Using plate and Whirlwind Sprint combo will allow Dragonborn to enter the hall again but nothing can be found other than Desecrated Corpses from before."

How you get out without console commands once you are in there I can not say.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 8 months ago 1   0
  2. Finally found her after entering the ruins after some minutes. She just came running into me like nothing happened! I guess followers will always find ways to get to you. Thank you anyways!

User Info: FMR

FMR - 8 months ago