How can I fix or restore Lydia from Creation Kit gray face? (tried normal fix)
Okay so I used the Creation Kit for the first time today. I was attempting to change Lydia's hair to one of the Apachii Skyhairs.
Well, I am pretty certain I followed the instructions to a "t". BUT... alas, when I fired up Skyrim, poor Lydia still had her old hair, and WORSE...she now has a gray face and neck. :(
I checked out a couple different youtube videos on fixing the gray skin tone issue.
I followed those instructions then reloaded the game. Still gray skin and still no skyhair.
SO...is there a way I can change her back to her normal self? (pre-CK-edits)
I don't want to be stuck with her with a gray face and neck. :(
Even if we can't figure out how to get the skyhair, I'd at least like to fix her back to normal.
And for anyone that may ask... here are the steps I originally followed:
1. Opened CK
2. Clicked on the littel "folder" icon in the top left corner
3. Ticked Skyrim.esm and ApachiiHairFemales.esm
4. Clicked OK (I did NOT Set as Active File)
5. It then gives me the Masterfil warning. I clicked "Yes to All"
6. From the Object Widnow I selected HousecarlWhiterun
7. Then I clicked on the "Character Gen Parts" tab
8. Then under "Base Head Parts" I clicked on Hair.
9. Under that I selected the Skyhair style I wanted. 90B
10. I get a couple more warning messages when I click on preview (Yes, or Yes to all)
11. Then I clicked "OK"
12. Under "Object Window" again, I select/highlight HousecarlWhiterun
13. I hit Ctrl + F4 keys
14. Confirm box pops up... "Export face gen data for all selected NPCs?
15. I clicked YES
16. Done box pops up. I click OK
17. Then I clicked the save icon (looks like an old floppy disk)
18. In File name I save as "LydiaNewHair" Then clicked save.
19. It says "Saving...Done!" at the bottom so I close the CK.
20. I opened Skyrim and found Lydia with the original hair, and a gray face and neck. :(
Okay, so I DID miss one step, but later I did include it and it did still did not change anything.
That step was to tick the box next to LydiaNewHair.esp in my Nexus Mod Manager Pluggins.
I BELIEVE that in data/textures/actors/character/facegendata/FaceTint some esp file (or two?) was supposed to show up? Am I right, or no? Well, if it was, there is not one.
I also read the article Dark Face Bug found @ www.creationkit.com/Dark_Face_Bug
But I do not know what it means by "need to be packaged and uploaded along with the .esp file"
"Packaged up?" Like...a winrar file? And uploaded where??
That could be the fix, but again, I dont understand it.
1) How do I get Lydia back to normal? (no gray face?)
2) How do I fix her so that the skin is correct and the hair mod works?
I appreciate the help in advance. Ive been trying to fix this for the better part of the day.
Let me know if you need any more info. I tried to be thorough.
- 5 years ago
Also I get this error message from the Creation Kit....
FACEGEN: No morphs found in TRI file
"meshes\ApachiiHairFemale\HumanHair.tri"/ Please do not use empty TRI files
- 5 years ago
Answer this Question
You're browsing GameFAQs Q&A as a guest. Sign Up
for free (or Log In
if you already have an account) to be able to ask and answer questions.