How do I solve Mzulft?

1. Im in the Oculory of the ruins of mzulft. I cannot get the light beams to line up in the center of the panels.

User Info: bu2vetter

bu2vetter - 8 years ago

Answers

1. To be honest, I don't know the solution. The quest provides you with the Flames and Frostbite spellbooks in case you didn't have the spell already. Basically, I shot Frostbite and Flames at the assembly until I saw that all light beams landed in areas that the lenses could go. I don't know how many times I shot each spell, but if you watch the beams, you'll likely know when it's time to quit magicking the lenses.

User Info: embrezar

embrezar - 8 years ago 6   4
  2. 3 shots of Frostbite works & that's it. Just cast each one and wait a few seconds until the crystal adjusts, then cast #2 &3 the same way. If done correctly, the flames spell is not needed

User Info: markpfe

markpfe - 2 months ago 2   0
  3. Hey to all my fellow gamers out there. I realize this question had been open a long time, but I have the answer. Stand directly under the Crystal and use your flame spell for at least 5 seconds, then alternate to your frost spell and use it two times, both in 5 second burst and then you should be able to move the bands directly into each light path. Worked for me ( on my second play through) I just have that quest up on my first play through. Good luck!

User Info: pesarious

pesarious - 5 years ago 4   3
  4. Like the other dungeon doors in Skyrim, the oculary wants you to place 3 different light beams seperately on the three rotating ceiling bands. From beneath the focussing crystal aim either a ranged ice spell or a fire spell at the focussing crystal if done correctly you should see a light beam move closer onto one of the ceiling bands. When you are satisfied with it swap to a different spell on the focussing crystal, this should mean a new light beam moves and repeat the process. You can fine tune the movement of the beams by switching alternately between ice and fire. Each light beam will take different amounts of fire or ice - play around with it hold fire for several seconds or blast just once with either spell and see what occurs. Then go up onto the control balcony and use one pedestal for each band in turn until you light the correct image. Should you be unable to light the correct spot on the bands then move back down and move the lights around so the they are in the right position. This sounds a lot more complicated than it is, persevere and you should crack it in minutes.

User Info: p1edp1p5r

p1edp1p5r - 7 years ago 2   2
  5. For me, I had to freeze the hell out of the focusing lens/gem. Your mileage may vary.

User Info: HoshunMk112

HoshunMk112 - 8 years ago 1   2
  6. I could not for the life of me do this. I just abandoned the quest even though it looked pretty frickin cool with the giant ball and s***.

User Info: TheCeaser

TheCeaser - 8 years ago 0   1
  7. It should be noted that this quest is glitched - you will not be able to see the beams of light sometimes. Try the normal methods for fixing glitches - restarting, etc, if you get this problem.

User Info: Yvl9921

Yvl9921 - 8 years ago 0   1
  8. You need to work with flames and freeze. Just use them on the centre of the machine and the lights will spread in different ways. Afterwards, just use the buttons on top to turn those lenses around until all lightbeams hit em

User Info: Infaaron

Infaaron - 8 years ago 0   2