Options doesn't show my graphics card?

1. I just bought an Alienware laptop in September with a Nvidia GeForce 335M graphics card, but when I open the game, I open the Options window from the splash window, and it only shows Intel HD Graphics, without the Nvidia even in the dropdown. Is there some way I can force it to choose the Nvidia first? I tried disabling the Intel, but that runs the desktop, and I tried altering the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, but the game rewrites it when I open it.

User Info: kcansur721

kcansur721 - 7 years ago

1. I've got an Alienware as well. This is what fixed it for me:

Go to Manage 3D Settings in Nvidia Graphics Option and click the drop down box where it says Preferred Graphics Processor. Select High Performance Nvidia Processor and save the setting.

Skyrim should detect your video card now and if it still doesnt, from Global Settings, go to Program Settings tab. Click on the drop down box and find Steam in the list. Click where it says Preferred Graphics Processor and choose Nvidia Processor.

Got this info from Segmentnext.com.

User Info: KrashSamson

KrashSamson - 7 years ago 1   0

1. It shouldn't matter what card the game thinks you have. That's just to determine your recommended settings. You don't have a problem unless the game doesn't work

User Info: fishfu

fishfu (Expert) - 7 years ago 0   2