What is your Weapon of Choice in Tomb Raider?

1. I'm a newbie to Tomb Raider 2013 so I don't know if my weapon is the most effective one at killing enemies. I find the pistol as the most effective (I fully upgraded the pistol). I'm only at Mountain Base Stage so I don't really know which is the best.

But the first time I used the rifle, I was like shooting the 2 enemies running towards me after the blinding light (first I tried holding the fire button while aiming at the enemies but the recoil was too much, then I tried firing like 3 bullets then hold for a millisecond then firing again just to stop the recoil but still it doesn't kill the 2 assaulting enemies (i was even shooting at their heads/necks) I'm not sure if there's a glitch though, 'coz when I tried the pistol, I managed to kill the one on the left (Did I do it right or was the game looking for a QTE[shoot their legs and do finishers] that's why the 2 can't be killed?) and when the slowmo stopped I used the rifle--It took me 5-8 bullets to take 1 down, while with the pistol I only need 1 to the head (2 to the chest) and it doesn't even need to be the head.

But then I also heard many people say, the best weapon is the bow, because they claim you don't actually need to charge your shots to kill.

User Info: ImSoFamost

ImSoFamost - 6 years ago

1. Bow is best as long as you are sneaking. Before attacking a group of enemies, try to take out as many as you can with the bow without the others noticing. This is a huge help to clearing a big group of enemies later in the game.

Once you are discovered, I still like using the bow from range, but the shotgun is unstoppable at close range. If you learn to dodge, the finishing moves are awesome. Each weapon has its pros/cons, but I find myself using the bow the most followed by the shotgun and handgun. Only been using the rifle when the grenade launcher is necessary or when the bow is too slow or there are too many enemies.

User Info: GregAir

GregAir - 5 years ago 1   0