Can Someone Help My Lag In Minecraft?

1. Hello! Thank you for coming here! Anyway, I actually have a really good type of computer, and my Minecraft should be running okay. I was expected at least more than 60 FPS. Yet with Minecraft, it's only 5-10 FPS. That was really bad, so I decided to download Optifine.

After I downloaded Optifine, my framerate stayed the same. Still 5-10. I really just want to enjoy Minecraft, and be able to play Survival Games, or play minigames, or anything in Minecraft! Yet, with my FPS, it's really difficult. Even after setting up settings in Optifine, it's still really laggy. Does anyone have a solution? If I've already tried it, I'll tell you. Also, in case this is important, I am using Minecraft 1.8.1.

User Info: -x-ProCookie-x-

-x-ProCookie-x- - 4 years ago
  2. Could you list the specs of your PC to help the process of answering?

User Info: The88CodGod

The88CodGod - 4 years ago

Answers

1. There is a possible solution to this although it will decrease your graphics. First, start your game and then click Options. Click Video Settings and you should see many sliders and buttons. You should set them to the following:
    Graphics: Fast
    Smooth Lighting: Off
    3D Anaglyph: Off
    GUI Scale: Auto
    Clouds: Off
    Fullscreen: (Doesn't matter, but I keep it on)
    Mipmap Levels: 4
    Render Distance: 4
    Max Framerate: 60 fps
    View Bobbing: Off
    Brightness: (Doesn't matter, but I use bright)
    Particles: Minimal
    Use VSync: Off
    Alternate Blocks: Off
    This is for Minecraft PC version 1.8.7. If this doesn't work then it may be a problem with your computer's ability to process Minecraft.

User Info: CasAngelOfSass

CasAngelOfSass - 4 years ago 0   0
  2. I like CasAngelOfSass' answer, and if that doesn't work, I suggest checking ur computer's insides if it is home built, otherwise, how much storage have you taken up? Because that can effect the freedom of the temporary files that minecraft produces to keep everything running. I remember being a hyper lag machine until I cleared some of the junk off my computer. Also, RAM? That effects it, and I know, I'm still using 32-bit Windows, so I can't access half of the RAM I put in, resulting in laggy modded clients.

User Info: Hydrotronics

Hydrotronics - 4 years ago 0   0
  3. Clear space and get software for Minecraft, don't have to many worlds, and set your settings to low lag mode.

User Info: Bradenjb12

Bradenjb12 - 3 years ago 0   0