Review by Estoy Loco

Reviewed: 03/23/01 | Updated: 06/28/03

Its a Myst clone......but don't let that stop you!

The Crystal Key IS a Myst clone, but don't let that keep you from buying it! This is a good quality adventure game from Dreamcatcher! Dreamcatcher is saving a dying race......the dying race of adventure and adventure/puzzle games! For people like me, who love adventure games, are calling Dreamcatcher our savior! ;) ON with the review!

Graphics-
The graphics are very nice. The game uses a lot of Quicktime clips for when you move around. None the less, they are pretty! You can also skip the clips, which is a good thing, since you move around the worlds a lot, and my get bored of seeing them all the time! Overall, the graphics are good, but nothing groundbreaking.

Score: 95%

Sound-
The sound is something that could of been improved! I don't think there was any music at all in the game! It really could of used some. On the other hand, the sound effects were really nice. When you're in the Jungle world, you can hear bugs and birds as clearly as you would be able to hear them in a real jungle! So turn up your speakers!

Score: 73%

Story Line-

The story line was kind of unoriginal. You have to save your race from a group of aliens controlled by their leader Ogzar. You travel through 5 worlds. They are the Jungle World, Desert World, Gate House world, Sunken World, and the Mothership(okay, so it's not actually one of the worlds...) You travel through the worlds, and sometimes go back to certain ones. Saving your race is a big job, and will require lots of skill! Bring it on!

Score: 81%

Puzzles-

Some of the puzzles were very hard, like the radio frequency puzzle! That one took a long time for me to figure out! On some puzzles, I couldn't find out how to beat them, so I had to consult an FAQ. If you're a fan of difficult puzzles, this game is for you, if not...Then I'd think twice about picking it up....

Score:80%

Originality-

Like I already stated, it is very unoriginal, but still likeable.

Score: 70%

Any bugs?-

Well, I didn't experience any bugs, but I'm using a Macintosh imac, so all of you PC users may not have the same results....

---

One more thing that is worth writing is that this game may take a lot of patience, and some of you people out there who need to hurry hurry hurry will become bored.....fast...... so I'll just give you speed freaks out there this little warning, if you dont have or have little patience, don't bother buying this game, unless you think you can muster up enough strength to complete the game...but if you did that, do you think it would be very much fun?

---

BOTTOM LINE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very good game for all adventure fans and some puzzle fans. I suggest you pick it up!

Score Mean: 80% or 8/10