Why can't I loot anything?

1. I can't loot any corpses. The bag icon and their name is gray, and I can't loot anything.

User Info: lumbeeboy

lumbeeboy - 12 years ago
  2. The body is sparkling, No one else hit it, It's been working fine. The icon for looting just stopped lighting up for some reason. I've killed maybe 10 ( same ones I've been killing and looting before.) and I couldn't loot any of them.

User Info: lumbeeboy

lumbeeboy - 12 years ago
  3. Their answers are all correct.. I have a question, tho. Do you use DSL for your internet access?

User Info: Turquoiselyrics

Turquoiselyrics - 12 years ago

1. this happens as a glitch sometimes. it happens to me sometimes. Blizz told me to log out completely then log back in. It fixes it every time. Unfortunately, you will most likely not be able to log back in in-time to loot those corpses.

User Info: MephistoVI

MephistoVI - 12 years ago 4   0

Answers

1. It depends.
    1. You need a double-click laptop/mouse.
    2. Is someone hitting the enemy before you? If they are, you gain no XP and no loot.
    If the body is sparkling, no one's hit it other than you, and you're right clicking the corpse, then call Blizzard.

User Info: Luaknight

Luaknight - 12 years ago 3   1
  2. Which version of Wow are you playing? The asian version has besides the rested and normal also a tired and an exausted status of your character.
    When you are exausted you can't loot any items and don't gain xp anymore.

User Info: Infyra

Infyra - 12 years ago 3   1
  3. This actually happened to me a while ago. I started to freak out, but then I logged out and then back in and everything was back to normal. Like MephistoVI said, you may not be able to log back in to get the loot on those corpses, but I was fortunate and didn't have that problem.

User Info: wandering_mage

wandering_mage - 12 years ago 2   0
  4. If the icon never lights up no matter how close you get, it is likely that your client and the server are out of sync: your client thinks the corpse is in one place, but the server things its in another. Exiting the client and logging back in should fix this problem.

User Info: Hamusutaa

Hamusutaa - 12 years ago 2   0
  5. <i>I can't loot any corpses. The bag icon and their name is gray, and I can't loot anything.</i>

Based on this statement someone else has tagged the mob. If the mob's name in their nameplate is gray then they've been tapped by another player. Therefore, you can't loot what is not your kill.

However, if the bag icon shows up and is gray then you aren't close enough to the mob to loot it.

User Info: SIMSteven

SIMSteven - 12 years ago 1   2
  6. If it's gray it means not your kill or wasn't close enough to loot it in time.

User Info: TheNightwoman

TheNightwoman - 12 years ago 0   1