I can't find the icewind.ini file?

1. Can't find it help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: dfffgfff

dfffgfff - 10 years ago

Answers

1. I would help you, but i'm kinda in the exact same predicament as you my friend. I've done a search on my laptop and it displays no results for the Icewind.ini file, i've searched the entire disc and no Icewind.ini file is on it. The problem could be that after the release version of Icewind Dale had the cheats removed the icewind.ini file could have accidentally been removed. It's strange that Black Isle chose to manufacture the original Icewind Dale this way when Icewind Dale II has a cheats option under the configuration. Unfortunately, you cannot use cheats or anything of the like without the Icewind.ini file, if you do somehow manage to find it, please, let me know. Thanks.

User Info: Death_Master911

Death_Master911 - 8 years ago 0   0
  2. If it is installed on your C Drive with the default file names then it's location should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\Icewind Dale or if not on Vista/7 C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale. Then it should be right above the IDMain.exe file(the file looks like the symbol for the game because it starts the game).

User Info: Nexxnokk

Nexxnokk - 8 years ago 0   0
  3. Easiest way is to do a search on your computer from the Start menu, and type in icewind.ini, it should be the first thing that pops up.

User Info: SoullessShadowD

SoullessShadowD - 10 years ago 0   1