Why does it keep saying " Incompatible (Version)"?

1. Hello I have a 27" Mac OS Quad core i5 it is really fast. I have the Special Edition EVE ONLINE box I downloaded it and I created an account. But when i go to log in it just keeps saying "Incompatible (Version)" What does this mean and what can I do to start playing? If someone could please help i would greatly appreciate it cause i really want to play this game. Thanks!

User Info: Buddstir

Buddstir - 10 years ago
  2. Hey Barrowhite, I've been to the eve-online.com website and downloaded the client and it does the exact same thing. So I think I will have to buy the new one in order to play on mac.. Thanks for the info!

User Info: Buddstir

Buddstir - 10 years ago
  3. Yes I am certain that I'm downloading the version for MAC. At www.eveonline.com/download/ . And before you said you think the game I bought was the EVE Online Apocrypha. Wouldn't it say on the box cause all mine says is EVE ONLINE Special Edition and that's it.. I'm thinking I bought the oldest version and it has just become obsolete or just is no longer compatible or something cause The STATUS next to the log in window Says (Incompatible Version), and does not change status when I go to reinstall the game. I don't know much about this game but it seems like alot of ppl have problems just getting the game to start. I'm not sure if I should Pay for this game's newer version dominion or tyrants and find out that it doesn't work again. That would really make me upset. One other thing is I wonder if that (Incompatible Version) status will change if I use my 60 day Time Card on it...?

User Info: Buddstir

Buddstir - 10 years ago

1. The boxed version I believe is EVE Online Apocrypha. What you need is Dominion, all the expansions are free, the client is supposed to offer you an automatic update if you are running an older version, but if not then no matter you can just download the client on the eve-online.com website again for free and still use all the benefits from you PC boxed version.

User Info: Barrowhite

Barrowhite - 10 years ago 0   0

1. Are you certain that you are downloading the version for MAC? www.eveonline.com/download/

It most certainly does work and you don't have to buy anything else.

User Info: Barrowhite

Barrowhite - 10 years ago 0   0