Why did enchant item work the first time, and not since?

1. I learned expert water magic, am skill level six, enchanted a leather chest and it worked. Now, every time I try it, it doesn't work. I've tried it about 50 times, rested. It says "item of not high enough quality" and breaks the item when I try to enchant things like armor, and "spell failed" when I try to enchant weapons. Can someone help?

User Info: rent

rent - 6 years ago
  2. I played around with it some more and got it to work on amulets and rings, and read that I need master for weapons, but not entirely sure what makes an armor item quality enough for enchantment.

Also, I'm a little surprised that someone noticed and answered this so quickly. Thanks!

User Info: rent

rent - 6 years ago

1. Items must be of a high enough quality in the first place before they can taken an enchantment. If not, the attempt breaks the item instead of enchanting it. Thus, the stuff you start with early in the game is too low-grade to be enchanted. And you have to be Master level before you can enchant weapons at all.

When you get to MM7 and MM8, you can use enchantment-like spells on weapons (Fire Aura and Vampiric Weapon) that do not depend on the items' quality (and at the Grandmaster level, those spells are permanent), but the original Enchant Item spell will still break items of poor quality, and you would have to be at Grandmaster level to enchant weapons.

User Info: WeirdoJoker

WeirdoJoker - 6 years ago 1   0