Wont run on XP or higher.----Help?

1. I cant get the game to install on any computer higher than XP.
    Can anyone help??

User Info: TrueBlue30

TrueBlue30 - 9 years ago

Answers

1. I've run Cultures personally on XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (I never tried Vista). Usually to get the game to run, you have to setup the compatibility of the game:

1) Locate the main executable file "cultures.exe" in the Cultures installation folder.
    2) Right click the file and select "Properties".
    3) A dialog will appear, select the "Compatibility" tab
    4) Check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select a different Windows Operation System from the drop down. Usually selecting Windows XP is fine, but you may have to try different ones if the first option you try doesn't work (obviously you'll have to choose a differen OS if you're on XP :D).

Keep in mind the above options will vary depending on what Windows version you're running, but most Windows operating systems give similar options. Try different configurations and I'm sure you'll find one that will work. I've ran it on Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 with little to no issues (I've been playing for decades!). Good luck!

User Info: wastukin

wastukin (FAQ Author) - 4 years ago 0   0

Question Status
How do I get past level 1? Answered