Does anyone know how to run this game in XP?

1. So far, I've only had trouble setting the game up for sound. I didn't go further than that because I don't want to play the game without sound, naturally. Please help!

User Info: GarfieldJEDI

GarfieldJEDI - 10 years ago
  2. Thanks, I downloaded DOSBOX. Problem is, I don't know how to use it. I'm a strictly point-and-click kind of guy. Maybe you could help me with that as well?

User Info: GarfieldJEDI

GarfieldJEDI - 10 years ago

1. There should be walkthroughs for DOSBox online. And I'm pretty sure it comes with its own tutorial. Also, you can purchase it on Steam (get the full series pack!!), and it comes already configured with DOSBox so all you have to do is launch it and it'll run.

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP - 9 years ago 1   0

1. I had to run my game through the freeware program DOSBOX to get it to work in XP.

User Info: Vegetaman

Vegetaman - 10 years ago 1   0
  2. The way i found to do this is run DOSBOX and type
    mount c c:\
    mount d d:\ (must have cd rom in drive and if drive not d: then use whatever it is)
    d:
    install
    now this should install Dark Forces on to XP, now to get it running everytime. If you install to default settings there should now be a DARK folder in C:, so in order to run game after you install and close DOSBOX and type
    mount c c:\dark
    mount d d:\
    dark
    hope this helps you and make sure you have cdrom in drive not sure when you can take it out...have not tried that yet.

User Info: witchking011

witchking011 - 10 years ago 1   0

Question Status
How do I get past the doors in level 5? Answered
Head lamp? Answered