1. I just installed daggerfall from my Elder Scrolls anthology. I'm first rat pat,when I encounter it i can't see it so i have crouch to look at it. when i press the key to attack all it says is "you see a rat". how can I kill it?

User Info: Vanilliasiniso

Vanilliasiniso - 3 years ago

Answers

1. I'm really late on this, but I feel obligated to answer it anyway.

First, hit "Escape" and hit "Controls". Then, go down to "Mouse" at the bottom of the controls screen. Change to "View" based movement and turn up the sensitivity to a comfortable level. You can now see the rat without crouching by moving your mouse around. The default controls are really clunky so it also probably wouldn't hurt to customize them some; personally I set mine up to a Minecraft-esque WASD movement with shift for crouching and tab for running.

Next: Attacking is kind of weird in this game, but I think it's a lot of fun. You attack by holding right-click and moving your mouse around. Move your mouse away from you to stab, sideways to slash, toward you to chop, and diagonally from top to bottom to diagonally chop; that list is in ascending order of damage dealt and descending order of accuracy.

User Info: Tawarochir

Tawarochir - 2 years ago 0 0