Prettypretty color mode?

1. So I recently reinstalled Starcraft onto my computer after a few years of not playing it. I go into the game. Patch it. Then start to play. About 5 min. into playing the game enters only what I can describe as prettypretty color mode. Essentially the whole screen goes into random neon colors. Yellow, blue, green, pink... Im sure you get the picture. Is there any way to fix this problem?

User Info: limpster4

limpster4 - 9 years ago
  2. Is it just the menu, or is it the main game as well? I've had something similar happen to me. The water looked weird, but that was about it. I have a feeling that your problem is slightly different though.

User Info: EspeonMario

EspeonMario - 9 years ago

Answers

1. I'm not sure if you found a fix for this or if you even care anymore, but I'm answering it anyway...

If you are playing on Windows 7 (which I'm assuming you are... I had no problems running it on Vista or XP), open Notepad and paste this into it:

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
    C:\"Program Files (x86)\Starcraft"\"StarCraft.exe"
    start explorer.exe

Once that is there, save it as a .bat file (set "Save as type" to "All files" and name it StarCraft.bat). After that, just double-click on StarCraft.bat instead of StarCraft.exe

User Info: AlexanderRahl

AlexanderRahl - 8 years ago 0   0
  2. Mine too, i can fix it but only for the game, my wallpaper got changed as well, you only need to change the gamma level in the video options.

User Info: Alabs

Alabs - 9 years ago 0   1