FAQ/Strategy Guide by CityBuilderAK47
Version: 1.11 | Updated: 09/19/19
Table of Contents
- Theme Hospital vs. Two Point Hospital
- Additional Resources
- Where Your Save Files Are Stored
- Updates / Additional Content
- Before You Build: What Makes An Effective Layout?
- 11 Tips for Hospital Success
- The Patient Process
- Patient Happiness
- The 9 General Rules of Hospital Layout
- Kudosh & Recommend Items
- Before You Build: Staffing
- Staff Happiness & Staff Threats
- Doctor Skills
- Nurse Skills
- Assistant Skills
- Janitor Skills
- Common Skills
- Staff Traits
- Staff Attire
- Countryside Region
- Cold Region
- Level 4: Mitton University
- Level 5: Tumble
- Level 6: Flemington
- Level 6: Flemington - Case Study - 2 Stars to 3 Stars
- Level 6: Flemington - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Industrial Region
- Level 7: Smogley
- Level 7: Smogley - Case Study - From Failing 1 Star to Succesful 3 Star
- Level 7: Smogley - 3 Star Winning Layout
- Level 8: Melt Downs
- Level 8: Melt Downs - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Level 9: Duckworth-Upon-Bilge
- Level 9: Duckworth-upon-Bilge - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Tropical Region
- Level 10: Sweaty Palms
- Level 10: Sweaty Palms - Case Study - A Failing Hospital (When to Give Up)
- Level 10: Sweaty Palms - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Level 11: Grockle Bay
- Level 11: Grockle Bay - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Level 12: Blighton
- Level 12: Blighton - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Urban Region
- Level 13: Rotting Hill
- Level 13: Rotting Hill - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Level 14: Pelican Wharf
- Level 14: Pelican Wharf - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Level 15: Croquembouche
- Level 15: Croquembouche - 3-Star Winning Layout
- Interior Designer
- (Snowfall) Pointy Mountain Region
- (Snowfall) Level 16: Underlook Hotel
- (Snowfall) Level 17: Swelbard
- (Snowfall) Level 18: Roquefort Castle
- (Snowfall) Level 18: Roquefort Castle - 3-Star Layout
- (Snowfall) New Items
- (Snowfall) New Rooms
- (Snowfall) New Illnesses
- (Snowfall) Other New Things
- (Pebberley Island) Pebberley Island Region
- (Pebberley Island) Level 19: Pebberley Reef
- (Pebberley Island) Level 19: Pebberley Reef - 3-Star Winning Layout
- (Pebberley Island) Level 20: Overgrowth
- (Pebberley Island) Level 21: Topless Mountain
- (Pebberley Island) Level 21: Topless Mountain - Case Study - Working Successfully with Waves
- (Pebberley Island) New Items
- (Pebberley Island) New Rooms
- (Pebberley Island) New Illnesses
- (Close Encounters) Desert Region
- (Close Encounters) - Level 22: Goldpan
- (Close Encounters) - Level 23: Camouflage Falls
- (Close Encounters) - Level 23: Camouflage Falls - Anatomy of a 3-Star Wave-Smashing Hospital
- (Close Encounters) - Level 24: Chasm 24
- (Close Encounters) - New Items
- (Close Encounters) - New Rooms
- (Close Encounters) - New Illnesses
- (Superbug Initiative) - The Superbug Initiative
- Building a Better Hospital
- GP Queues
- Hospital Level Snowballing
- Expansion Strategy
- Examples in Efficiency
- Room Prestige
- The Great Patient Purge
- Common 2-Star Challenges
- Common 3-Star Challenges
- You want HOW Much in Hospital Value?
- Attractiveness Rating
- Bump that Cure Rate Up!
- Staff Morale? Are You Kidding Me?
- Staff Challenges
- Item Listing
- Research Projects
- VIP Visits
- End of Year Awards
- Steam Achievement Guide
- Two Point Humor
- Contact the Author
Updates / Additional Content
The game developers really love this game, and seem to release quite a bit of content for it. Here's a log of the content that came with each change. While some content is free, there will be occasional DLC expansions. C'mon, don't grumble, this is a great team and you should support them!
Note: Some features are available as beta-only for you early adapters. This can be accessed from the Steam library screen by right-clicking on Two Point Hospital, selecting Properties, and downloading "twopointhospital_patch_beta" under the betas tab. Before you do that though, betas always have the potential to mess up the game, so be sure to head to the "Where Your Save Files Are Stored" section for details on how to back up your save files. You can also do a backup through Steam. To do so, go to the Steam Library screen, right-click on Two Point Hospital, and click "Backup Game Files".
Version 1.17 - Updates for the new DLC Close Encounters and the Retro Items Pack. A sub-update has been released on 9/8/2019 that fixes a few other launch bugs, most notably the inability to build extra Robo-Janitors.
Version 1.16 - Tweaked staff menu UI (that new Job Assignment screen is even nicer!), allows text search (a welcome addition with the hundreds of items in-game now) and other minor tweaks prior to
Version 1.15 - Introduces the Superbug Initiative as well as the ability to import your own music into the game.
Version 1.13 - The new build is out for the new Pebberley Island DLC! Details in the appropriate sections!
Version 1.12 - Fixed some minor bugs that occured with the initial rollout of the Interior Designer.
Version 1.11 Interior Designer Update - Adds a new interface via both the Items list and Steam Workshop to utilize custom images to create new wallpapers, flooring, rugs, and photos.
Version 1.10 Snowfall Post-Release Patch - Adds the Bigfoot illnesses into the Sandbox mode (if you own the DLC, of course) and minor bug fixes.
Version 1.09 - Snowfall Patch - Added some free items and beefed up the game for its first paid DLC, Snowfall.
Version 1.08 - Sandbox Mode- Wowee! Only a couple months in and the devs are wasting no time! As of October 26th, players who have grown tired of the game's levels can now try out the brand new sandbox mode. It allows you to create new levels where you can control the amount of money, items/rooms available, diseases that show up, etc. It can be accessed now across all builds from the main menu.
Version 1.07 - Halloween Theming - Just in time for late October, hospitals will reflect a spooky Halloween theme. Changes include:
- A new title screen
- Pumpkins everywhere!
Pumpkins and cauldrons will now appear in front of every entrance
- Pumpkins will appear plenty of other places
- Surprisingly, no pumpkin spiced lattes.
- Below is a close-up of the new Frightheadedness patients, who are a temporary replacement for the Lightheadedness patients - who will now sport a pumpkin instead of a lightbulb for a head - everything else is the same.
- The dog picture will "cry" a steady trail of green slime tears.
- Mitton University and Tumble will now have a "night mode" enabled. I hope this is a sign of things to come!
- Additionally, the game was also patched such that now in emergencies, any patients you don't save in time will be properly killed off, rather than kept around for the extra cash, just like it was in Theme Hospital. it's time to double down on your emergency skills!
Version 1.06 - Allowed multiple staff uniforms and the ability to rename just about everyone and everything (See Staff Attire for more)