What do you need help on? Cancel X
FAQ/Walkthrough by Eevee-Trainer
Version: v1.21 | Updated: 11/01/17
Table of Contents
Doki Doki Literature Club: FAQ/Walkthrough
Game Controls & Settings
Controlling the game is fairly simple - VNs aren't exactly exceptionally innovative in this way. 99% of your activity in this game is simply reading text onscreen.
- Advance: By using the left-click, Enter, or the spacebar, you can advance through text on-screen.
- Choices: In order to make a choice, you can simply left-click on it, or navigate to it with the arrow keys and press Enter.
- Pull Up Menu: Press Escape.
- Skip Text: Hold Ctrl, or use the button in the text box on-screen.
- Hide Text: Right-clicking or pressing H will hide the textboxes to review the background imagery.
- Toggle Windowed/Fullscreen: Press F
- Take Screenshot: Press S
- Hide Window: Alt+M on Windows, Command+M on Mac
- Quit Game: Alt+F4 on Windows, Command+Q on Mac
- Delete Selected File: Press the Delete key once said file is selected
The menu gives a number of choices:
- Return: Resume gameplay
- Save Game: Save game data.
- Load Game: Load saved data.
- Preferences: Adjust preferences for the game, including text speed, window display, timing for auto message following, volumes, and skipped text.
- Main Menu: Return to the title screen.
- Quit: Exit program.