Review by Taidoman

Reviewed: 06/24/00 | Updated: 06/24/00

Good, but not as much as I expected.

When I first saw the previews for this game, I got really, really excited. Then it finally came out. I was so happy, and I wanted to run out to the store and buy it as soon as I could. But there was one small detail; I didn’t have any money. So I had to wait. Then they came out with commercials advertising it, and I wanted it even more. So finally, I went out and bought it. When I got home, I stuck it in my computer and installed it. Here were my impressions:

FIRST IMPRESSION: 8
When I first turned it on, I was overwhelmed with all the possibilities that I had. Marriage, having a baby, making a family, getting a job etc... I loved the fact that I could get married to more than one person at a time, and found it quite humorous. There was a lot of experimenting done.

GRAPHICS: 7
The graphics are nothing special. At times they are very jaggy, it gets hard to tell what things are sometimes. But then there are other things that look just plain normal. I wasn’t expecting great graphics, but I thought they could have been a little better.

SOUND: 8
Sometimes the songs get really annoying. Once you have heard them a lot, and I mean a lot, you could really care less about them. But there are certain times where you can turn on a stereo and listen to all kinds of types of music. These aren’t anything special though.

GAMEPLAY: 6
At times this game gets really hard, and frustrating. If you are trying to buy something and you dot have enough money it is very hard to earn some. And then there is the aspect of keeping your Sim happy. This is very, very hard. Especially if he/she has to go to the bathroom, is hungry, isn’t comfortable, needs to take a shower, and isn’t happy socially, then it becomes a problem. There are too many things to try and do that by the time you get one thing done, they aren’t balanced with other things.

Would I recommend you buy this game? No. I think that it is very hard, and at times can get boring. If you really want to check it out, borrow it from a friend and see if you like it. I personally think that I wasted $50 of my money.