Review by mozwazherez

Reviewed: 08/18/01 | Updated: 08/18/01

Submerse yourself in a whole new world.

Welcome to the Sims. In this game, you are given the power to control lives, establish a community, and play god. Take your time, have fun, and remember: You still have a life on earth, and don't lose it while living another life, the one you play, in The Sims.

Plot: 10/10

In this game, you are given the power to give your Sims the personality of your choice, choose their look, build their house, decorate it, style it, and furbish it in the way you choose. Once you have set their lives up, its time for you to take control. You can establish relationships with other neighbors, or you can make them enemies. You can turn your sim into a well-read workaholic, or a lazy slob. It's all up to you.

Audio: 10/10

The sound in this game is superb. All of the sounds that you hear in everyday life are captured in this game. When your sim is washing his hands, you hear the same sound that you would hear if you were washing your hands. Every action that your sim does has a sound, just like real life. In fact, the sounds are so precise, that when I hear my sim walk, or the phone in his house rings, I do not know whether the sound is from the game or from real life.
The game music is also excellent. When I hear it, it sounds just like I was hearing it from the radio or a music CD.
Not one sound that comes out of my speakers during the game is distorted or choppy.

The Graphics are also excellent. The people, houses, plants, and furniture all look like they came from a showroom here on earth. The images that I see from the game do not look blotchy or distorted. The Sims bodies look just like what we look like, only that their bodies are displayed in pixels, so they look somewhat off. While being so pristine and clear, the graphics do not soak up older processors like a sponge.

Fun Level: 10/10

I find this game fun, though it depends on the person. If you are the type of person who likes to take control of things, or you like to boss people around, this game is for you, because that is actually what the whole game is about. Bossing and leading your Sims.
If you find yourself disliking the game, give it some time. Eventually, you will grow to like it.
I find it hard to not like this game, because you can do basically anything you want, from marrying other Sims to setting your house in flames.

Rent vs. Buy

I would definitely recommend that you try this game out first, and then buy it, if you are a picky person. Once you have played it for a little while, you will be hooked.
If you are the type of person that is a leader, or you just like every game, and you are not picky, buy this game.
In the long run, you will have to buy this game, because this game takes time to overcome. If you rent it, you will be rushed, and you will not enjoy the game to your fullest, thus, leaving a bad impression on you. If you just take your time, you will find how fun this game is.

Re-Play? 9/10

If you purchase this game and win it, by making the lives of your Sims perfect in every way, it is still very fun to play this game again. With so many choices to choose from, how could you not re-play it? This game is most certainly not one of those games that you can just throw away when you are done with it. This is a game that you can have fun with for years.

Overview 10/10

If you are looking for a fun while intense game, get this game. Once you pop this disk in, you will get in touch will your creative side, a side of us that is hard to find in today's world.