Can I do a genocide run after killing flowey?

1. So I've finished the true pacifist run, and a neutral run, but and the end of my neutral run I killed flowey. So now you m trying to do a genocide run but I haven't been able to no matter how hard I try.
    Does this have something to do with the race that I killed flowey? If not how can I fix it?

User Info: AvidDust532

AvidDust532 - 5 years ago
  2. So far right now, I've killed 20 monsters in the ruins, but nothing has happened yet. I looked it up and that kill count for starting a genocide run. Although I haven't encountered migosp or vegetoid yet. Should I keep looking for them not continue on to toriels house?

User Info: AvidDust532

AvidDust532 - 5 years ago

1. Killing flowey has nothing to do with it, so you should be fine.

The only requirement to do a genocide run is that you kill EVERYTHING. This means you need to not only kill each boss, but you also need to exhaust the encounters in each area so that no more enemies will appear. In the first area (the ruins), it can be easy to wrongly assume you killed everything since the rate of random battles slows down a lot as you kill more, so you need to make sure you keep killing until you see a message saying "But nobody came" in place of a battle. This needs to be done in every area before you beat each area's main boss. If not, you'll wind up moving from the genocide route to the neutral route, and you'll need to start over in order to get back on Genocide.

Once you're on genocide, there'll also be a counter at save points saying how many are left in an area, which both helps make it a bit easier to make sure you've killed everything, and helps serve as a guide that you're still on the Genocide route.

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer (Expert) - 5 years ago 1   0
  2. Once the kill count has been exhausted, the save files say "Determination"

User Info: Because

Because - 2 months ago

1. In addition to what Ajo said, as long as you've reset your game, Flowey will always come back. I remember doing a Neutral run where I killed Flowey, then reset and did another Neutral run right after that. Through the second Neutral run, Flowey did not appear in the places he usually did (beginning and end of the Ruins,) though in the rooms where, should you back track, you'll see Flowey sink into the ground, I did see him, despite having killed him in my past run. After the fight with Asgore, Flowey appeared and gave a small speech about how I was stupid to think that I'd actually killed him. You know, normal Flowey stuff. One Omega Flowey boss fight later, I spared him, then proceeded to do another True Pacifist ending.

User Info: flamefriends

flamefriends - 5 years ago 2   0

1. "So far right now, I've killed 20 monsters in the ruins, but nothing has happened yet. I looked it up and that kill count for starting a genocide run. Although I haven't encountered migosp or vegetoid yet. Should I keep looking for them not continue on to toriels house?"

As long as you deplete the monster counter, you will be fine. You don't need to encounter Migosp or Vegetoid. You'll know for sure that it'll be safe to fight Toriel if you get the "But nobody came" message instead of a random encounter.
    i.imgur.com/PGueXfL.png

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel (Expert) - 5 years ago 1   0
  2. Keep grinding.

User Info: Asriel_Meemurr

Asriel_Meemurr - 5 years ago 1   0
  3. Since the game's reset, it shouldn't matter. But (spoiler alert) you kill him at the end of genocide anyway.

User Info: swaggygallade88

swaggygallade88 - 10 months ago 0   0