Review by Lethargy

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 11/01/99

Good, good whole wheat Life Force

This game could be the biggest contributing factor to my wastedchildhood. I honestly can't count the number of times I've piloted my ship through some alien planet, shooting the evil inhabitants of said planet, and attempting to escape unscathed.

With 7 or 8 different levels to fly through, 6 upgrades, brilliant graphics, a great score, fun co-operative mode that allows you tosteal your partner's ships after you die as well as terrific bosses(the giant brain and the mummy especially) it really is hard to go wrong with life force.

Like most other shooters Life Force is incredibly tough. Maybe it'sbecause I played it to death when I was 9 and my motor skills just weren't what they are today, or maybe because like so many other NESgames it was just hard. Well, either or I could never beat Life Forcewithout cheating. Like nearly every other Konami game out during the80s/early 90s the up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,b,a,b,a,startcode is in full effect and gives you a full 30 ships to crash. You can try to play Life Force without this code, but I can almost guarantee you won't be able to pass the third level without continuing.

Life Force - a fine game. A fine game you can pick up for under 10bucks for no less.