Review by PsyduckNO5

Reviewed: 07/06/03 | Updated: 07/06/03

I love this game!

This game is so great! It's so much fun I never get tired of it. I grew up playing this game, and I still love it today. I'm never hesitant to bring out my old NES and Karnov cartridge. Although at first glance, this game may be bizarre, once you get into it, you have trouble stopping. I've played this game hours on end just so I can finally make it past that one area I can never seem to pass. And although it has one too many K's next to each other, as long as you know it stands for Karnov, it won't be offensive.

At first, this game might seem like a hybrid of several familiar sidescrollers, but it is so much more. There are many power-ups, items, and weapons to collect. These are all useable at your own desire. These range from bombs, ladders, high-jump shoes, masks, wings, and more. When I first played this game, I couldn't stop. I just had so much fun.

Although the story may seem trippy, since you're playing a big fat Russian man who is trying to find some trasure, you soon go beyond that fact, and into the extremely entertaining gameplay. It also provides a great level of challenge. Two hits from enemies and you're gone. Karnov also turns blue to let you know he's taken a hit. Karnov's preferred method of attacking is to shoot fireballs, and as you collect power-ups, he can shoot up to three per button-press. The fact that he has many other weapons adds more ways to destroy your enemies. At certain points in the game, you can even give Karnov wings and take it to the skies! This lets you access areas you normally wouldn't be able to reach. It also adds some comedic relief, as the whole time you may think, ''How does he keep all those items in his pants?'' Especially when you use the ladder item or bomb type items.

To finish of this review, I'll ask a question. When's the last time you had so much fun with such a ridiculous game? This game is fun for all ages, and everyone can play it because it has simple controls (like most NES games) and can also be more complex and strategic for older players. Get out there and find the lost treasure of Babylon! So in conclusion, I must say, LONG LIVE JIBOROV KARNOVSKY!