Review by Sohou

Reviewed: 12/30/02 | Updated: 12/30/02

Clearly the best NES action game of it's time!

When I first saw this game it looked rather odd. I was all like ''A fireball shooting fat dude traveling to various lands to search for some treasure..... crazy!''. However when I actually played the game I was like wow! This game has everything: flying, swimming, (walking), different weapons and some cool stages. Basically you play as this fat dude called Karnov (who is also in Bad Dudes as the first boss and in the fighters history series) who's out for treasure. The game is about 9 levels of decently paced action. Here's a breakdown of the game in five categories based on a one to ten scale with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest: graphics, sound, replay, control and originality

Graphics 9/10- For a game that was made in 1987 the graphics are vibrant and smooth scrolling. you also see a lot of enemies in the game at once without any real slowdown.

Sound 7/10- this game does not have much variety in music and sound but the main tune is pretty catchy and you wont really care of it's lack of variety while you're blasting at hundreds of enemies.

Replay 10/10- This is one great highlight of the game you get tons of items to use, different paths in stages and, lots of hidden secrets. I still play this game today to search out for more of the cool and interesting things this game has to offer.

Control 9/10- At first the way to use items in the game seems a bit tricky but once you get used to that the control is great, no real complaints here!

Originality 10/10- Now this game has the weirdest levels and enemies at the strangest places. This is another great highlight of the game you have a various array of enemies from statues to fish men to dinosaurs to birds and knights. You'll also have fun with the various cool items ranging from bombs to wings to scuba gear and even ladders! The oddness makes it well worth playing. I don't believe I've ever seen a game as addictive and original as this one.

In closing I really liked this game and I still do. When you can get the chance to play this awesome game dust off your NES fire it up (or boot up your comp and download it if you're a ROMing type) and be ready to spend some of your time on a great classic. Believe me, you wont regret it!