Review by Chunkey Simmons

Reviewed: 09/19/05

I'll say "needs a few changes" but still a good game

This is the first game of the Adventure Island series; maybe not the best but I've played worse games than this one. I'm sure half the people who got this game said "I cant believe I got this game"; and the other half (me for an example) said "not a bad game, but I've played better". This is just one of the games you should not miss; Higgins cannot do it by himself!

Game play 7 - 10
One of the reasons why someone would say "I cannot believe I got this game" Is because the game is so repetitive and gets boring fast. some of the levels are the same as previous levels but just get more difficult. However some people don't mind that as much and would say "wow, not a bad game". This game just might be one of the hardest games I've ever played! By level 8 it seems like the level layouts are impossible to get passed and they don't give you axes so that means you have to start dodging enemies. This is a frustrating game; sometimes you may have the urge to throw the game out the window, but not always. One of the things that makes this game is fun is that you can ride a skateboard, but he is not very good because he cannot go left or stop. Higgins needs better skating lessons. Unfortunately there is no dinosaurs in this game to control, that doesn't decrease the fun in this game too much. The controls make it seem like Higgins is ice skating because he doesn't stop right away. That’s why I don't like the rocks; they make Higgins trip and loose some energy. Yes, there is energy, it constantly decreases and fruits are the only way to get it back.

Story line 4 - 10
"Help Higgins save Tina!", so! what a boring story! That is an ancient story!

Graphics 8 - 10
I actually like the graphics. The levels are well designed. The graphics in this game make this game more fun and sometimes that may be the reason why you play it. However I have seen better.

Sound & music 8 - 10
The sound and music are fairly good for this game. I honestly like the boss music, its not too bad!

Play time, fairly long
If your like me, where if you loose a life at the beginning you reset the Nintendo, Than it will take a long time for you to beat it.

Replay ability, Probably not
You will probably be too mad to play this game again because of all the frustration.

I think you should give this game a whirl. If you don’t like this game than sell it or give it to somebody. To me, I think Hudson Soft did a good job on this game.

Game play 7 - 10