What do the battle icons mean?

1. I cannot seem to figure out the battle icons, controls, etc. Also, is there any sort of automap?

User Info: Y0u

Y0u - 12 years ago
  2. Actually, that's the screen where you (I think) decide whether to let a new character into your party. When you fight a battle, you can cycle through icons, but not only can I not seem to figure out how to work some of them, the controls seem inconsistent.

User Info: Y0u

Y0u - 12 years ago

1. During an encounter there are three icons you can cycle through. One is HOSTILE, one is FRIENDLY and the third one is ESCAPE. You have to decide whether or not to battle the enemy, they may either be too strong or alter your karma in a good/evil way. If you do attack, use the B button to select potions, weapons, GEMs or IKONs. You can trade and use stuff on the inventory screen as well (B during non-encounters). The arrow shows the character stats and items, there is also an icon to switch character positions.

Sorry, no automap.

User Info: odino

odino - 12 years ago 0   0

1. Judging from this photo:
    http://www.vgmuseum.com/pics/Super%20Black%20Onyx%20-%20Ingame.gif

It would imply your weapon and held item.

User Info: untrustful

untrustful - 12 years ago 0   0