Review by Calamity

Reviewed: 10/01/08

It's a absolute shame this game doesn't get the true recognition it deserves.

Heh, yeah I bet I caught the fans offguard. Me giving Mega Man 4 a 10/10? Well, my previous sayings were just to trick you. Anyways, the fans are probably crying in their beds and screaming at the top of their lungs. Just because, I actually like Mega Man 4 a LOT. Anyways, to get to the point this is a excellent entry into the series. Many people consider it a poor game in the series, but I sure don't. Possibly my favorite, but let's get onto the review.

Graphics:10/10:Major upgrade from Mega Man 3. Areas look better and so do the backgrounds. Enemy designs are still as good as ever and get better in this. Shooting effects and such are great as well. The backgrounds really do look amazing especially the rain effects on Toadman's level. Wonderfully incorporated into the game. So, overall Great Graphics.

Gameplay:10/10:Mega Man 4 is a extremely fun game. You'll be fighting through eight robot masters. Once, you beat all eight you proceed to a castle. However, there are two castles to go through in this game of the series. First, Carsiack's Castle then second Dr. Wily's Castle. So, let's discuss the meat of the Gameplay now.

Now, what makes Mega Man 4 so great like the rest of the series after 1&2 is the innovation in levels. Especially, Ring Man's level probably my favorite of the series. The level is a ton of fun to go through and innovative. As you go through his level there are rainbow beams. When stepped on they disappear, but shortly re-appear. You must carefully plan how to get across the beams while defeating enemies along the way. Either way, the game is mostly the same. Mega Man jumps and shoots through the level. He does get his Dash and the new feature of charging the Mega Buster. Both are admittedly gimmicks, but don't hurt the game. Well, you get the point for innovation. So, what about the difficulty?

Mega Man 4 is one of the more easier games, but believe me it's still challenging. I have to admit while the levels were fairly easy the bosses weren't. The bosses gave me a run for my money aside from Toad Man that is. One thing, that puzzled me was Dr. Wily's Castle in this entry of the series. The levels were terribly easy! I seriously made it through to the boss my first attempt without even losing half of my health bar! I had no idea what to expect from the level either which is more sad. Overall Mega Man 4 is a extremely fun, innovative and decently challenging game in the series. For sure one of my favorites. I had a absolute blast playing it.

Music:10/10:The Music in Mega Man 4 was great. Especially the ending levels of Dr. Wily's Castle. Ring Man also had a fairly catchy level song as well. Sound effects and I know I always say this, but they are of course typical Mega Man fare. Overall great Music fine sound effects.

Overall:10/10:Mega Man 4 was a very fun game and one of my favorites of the series. It was innovative and fairly challenging as well. The Music was excellent and the sound effects are the same. The Graphics were fantastic as well and were a improvement from Mega Man 3. Great level designs were made with the improved Graphics. Overall Mega Man 4 gets a in my opinion very well deserved 10/10. I had a great time playing it.

Product Release: Mega Man 4 (US, 01/31/92)