How do I equip an item?

1. I can't equip my Iron sheild.I see the options "Use" and "Drop".When I choose use it says"You tried using it,but nothing happened"and I don't want to drop it.What do I do?

User Info: ytrewq234

ytrewq234 - 12 years ago
  2. By the way,it's the GB version.

User Info: ytrewq234

ytrewq234 - 12 years ago
  3. I found it in a cave.

User Info: ytrewq234

ytrewq234 - 12 years ago

1. In NES Dragon Warior finding a piece of equipment also automaticaly equips it (discarding whatever you previously had equiped). Though in that version the only findable equipment is Erdricks Armor and Erdricks Sword.

I can think of 2 ways to check. The first is easier but if the formula's for defence have changed in the GB version it may not help you. The second is a bit harder but should provide a difinative answer.

First Method:
    1) Write down your current Defence Stat
    2) Write down your current Agility stat
    3) Find the defence values of all your equipment (you may have to check a guide for this info - and make sure to include accessories like the Dragon Scale)
    4) Now add all the Equipment's Defence Values together with HALF of your Agility (droping any decimals).
    5) Compare your answer to your Defence Stat. If they match then your Iron Shield is equiped (assuming the calculation is the same in both versions).

Second Method:
    1) Save your game
    2) Head to any town where you can purcahse an Iron Shield (you could do this with any shield but it's much harder)
    3) Check the value of your defence stat.
    4) Purchase the shield
    -Note wether you were asked to sell your Iron Shield or not.
    5) Check your defence stat again
    -Did it change? If Yes, then the one you found was not equiped. If No, then it was.
    6) Reset to your previous Save.

User Info: shadow_master01

shadow_master01 - 12 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. If equiping works the same way in the GB version as this one, then Weapons, Armors, and Shields are all automaticaly equiped when you purchase them.

Accessory items like the Dragon Scale and Fighters Ring you will need to 'use' to equip (unless that's been changed).

User Info: shadow_master01

shadow_master01 - 12 years ago 0   0
  2. I believe this may help you best.
    www.rpgamer.com/games/dq/dw1-2/info/dw1-2_a.txt
    Says it all I think

User Info: iamepic1965

iamepic1965 - 11 years ago 0   0