Review by Da NES Kid

Reviewed: 03/16/02 | Updated: 03/16/02

-insert obligatory comment here-

I love football. It is one of my favorite sports, and the sheer amount of football games out there makes me very happy. Especially since a lot of them are very awesome. Take Tecmo Super Bowl for example. It is one of the best football games ever, as well as being one of the best of all time, period. Everything about it rocks, from the graphics to the music to the tight gameplay.

However, there is a lot of bad football games too.

Take 10 Yard Fight, for example.

10 Yard Fight is, quite simply, one of the worst games I have ever played. I am ashamed to have even played this absrosity. The graphics are putrid, the gameplay is horrible, and the controls are messed up.

Storyline: Did you expect there to be some sort of storyline? I'm sorry. It's a sports game, and sports games don't usually have storylines. Especially the ones made for NES..

Graphics: The players look really retarded, especially the guys in pink uniforms. Wow, they really look manly. The field is horrible, and the scrolling and animation are horrific. The ball just kinda floats in mid air half the time, and the field graphics are distracting and annoying.

Music: There is not that much music in the game, and as you might expect, the music that is in the game sucks. I have never heard such crappy music in my entire life. It makes some Slipknot music seem listenable in comparison. The sound effects are not much better, either. Disappointing stuff.

Gameplay: It's really crappy. You choose a team, and you need to go against another team. The teams don't even have names, they just have random cities assigned to them. Team A vs Team B has never been so boring. Passing is a chore, as you need to spend approx. 5 minutes just to find someone open half the time, and the other half someone will be wide open. Don't even bother to rush, as the extremely crappy AI will just pound you every time, or let you go.

Replay Value: There is not much here, sadly, even for diehard sports fans. I wish there was some sorts of replay value, but I never play this game any more.

Challenge: It's an extreme challenge to win a game due to the AI.

There is not much substance or style to this game at all. Avoid at all costs. I'd reccomend getting Tecmo Super Bowl instead.

Rating:   1.0 - Terrible