Review by AceUltraGamer

Reviewed: 10/02/07

Paper football is better than playing this game!

Welcome to one of the worst games ever made in my opinion. There are some games out there that perhaps were even classic to some at a certain point in time, but when compared to the games of today become utterly worthless. This is a good example of one of those kinds of games. Oh well, at least you can get some cheap laughs at the badness of this game, how 'bout that?!

Anyways, my formal review:

-------
Synopsis: It’s a football game. From the early 1980’s. When they didn’t have good technology. Enough said.
-------
Graphics: Horrible. I know, it was made in like 1983, but my point is, you cannot have a fun football game when there are only several colors on the screen, and the football players are just blobs moving slowly around. I am not a big sports game fan anyways, but whether I am or not, the graphics suck too much for this to be any fun in any way.
-------
Play Control: Another bad rating. You just run around extremely slow on a field. It’s too cheap to be fun, the controls are about as bad as the graphics. And I said it once, and I will say it again, the speed of you running is too slow to be enjoyable in any sense.
-------
Game Design: Or lack of. It’s so simple, and primitive, the rating would have to go negative. I know I shouldn’t diss what might be considered a classic to some, but really, it’s something a 5 year old could probably design. There’s nothing to it at all really.
-------
Satisfaction: It is atrocious. I played it for a few minutes and realized how sports gamers were tormented 25 years ago. Again, maybe for it’s time it was special, but decades later, it’s almost painful to play, because it is just so stupid. Paper football is more fun than this game.
-------
Sound: Thank God they don’t have music playing throughout the game. Instead though, you have “cheering”, which is just white noise. It’s loud and obnoxious, and makes this game even worse.
-------
Comments: I have ranted about this game enough. When all is said and done, if you want a good football game, stick with a modern one. Otherwise, this game will disturb you with its cheapness.
Ultimate Rating: 1/10
-------

Concluding thought: You may like this game if you enjoy watching two toned colored pixels float at a very slow rate across the screen. But I bet you don't...

Rating:   0.5 - Unplayable

Product Release: 10-Yard Fight (US, 10/31/85)