Review by Odwolda

Reviewed: 07/12/02 | Updated: 07/12/02

Just make this game a little bit longer and it's perfect!!!!!

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, is hands-down a perfect game. Great graphics, great sound, good replay value, this game has everything! Plus, it has Kirby, which makes it even better.

Graphics 10/10

I have to admit, Nintendo really took the cake with this game's graphics. Everything matches up, the backgrounds look realistic, and, which, to me, is most important of all in a game, is everything is the right color. I mean, would you like it if they made Kirby red instead of pink? I didn't think so. But the graphics aren't the only reason why this game is great.

Gameplay 10/10

The gameplay is great in Kirby 64, you can absorb an enemy's power, then combine it with another one to make it stronger. There are obstacles along the way, and sometimes it may be hard to get out of them. But, most importantly, is collecting the shards! It can be very challenging at times to get a shard, and challenge makes any game great! The gameplay is what really got me addicted to this game.

Replay Value 10/10

There is a lot of replay value to this game. Like going back and getting the rest of the shards. This can take hours, even days to do if it's your first time. The shards are probably impossible to get in your first few weeks. Even looking at a FAQ will still make it take time. Another thing, which I think is very fun to do, is going back and collecting the Enemy Info Cards. This also takes time, as sometimes you will get the same card. But once you ''collect 'em all'', they're fun to go back and look at.

Sound & Music 10/10

This game's sound/music rocks, with a capital R. The sounds match up perfectly with the movements, the background music fits in perfectly with the scenery, and the sound effects make it sound like it's really happening. When an enemy shoots something or uses a weapon, you sometimes even think it happened just a few feet away. And the music gives you a feeling that you are really there!

Challenge 9/10

The challenge in this game is frequently happening, but only in certain times. For example, on Pop Star, you can fly right through the levels. But, on the next star, Aqua Star, things really start heating up. The boss is pretty hard to beat. And don't even get me started on how hard Rock Star can be at times. Especially the boss of Rock Star. He's hard as heck to beat.

So, in conclusion, I STRONGLY recommend this game to ANYONE, even to people who hate Kirby!