Review by Shiawaseninarou

Reviewed: 02/23/03 | Updated: 02/23/03

A Very Mediocre game

Starshot is a typical platform game e.g. run, jump and collect things and doesn't offer much in the way of originality, except for the character voices, which are seriously weird.
I'll discuss each Aspect of the game below.

Graphics - the graphics have a lovely contrast of colour but suffer from slight blockiness and an immense amount of slowdown and fog at times which really lowers the scores in this section greatly.
The Graphics aren't Wonderfully Detailed - so I’m unsure as to why there is so much slowdown.
Not to mention the camera angles are awful.
Rating - 3 out of 10

Sound - The Voices are about the only original thing about this game and the music is OK nothing brilliant though and none of the tunes are memorable but they get the job done.
Rating - 7 out of 10

Game play - oh the all important area.
The game play in Starshot is Mediocre, the Baddies are typical, the weapons average.
There is NOTHING going for Starshot in this area.

Control - The Control in Starshot has to be one of the worst
in all the games I’ve played and you are likely to get Frustrated because you fall off a ruddy edge they you will throw your N64 controller at the TV.
On the Plus side however the controls are simple and easy to learn its just a pity they are so strange.
Rating - 3 out of 10

Story - Your ''Space Circus'' has crashed and you need to find Fuel tanks to travel around the galaxy etc, oh and stop the ''Evil'' Fortuna Circus.
There’s background on all the planets you can visit like on Earth there’s only one Human Remaining and you have to capture it.
Rating 4 out of 10

Replayability - If you can finish this game and play it again you should be worshipped - I think playing through one level is enough.
I estimate that It would probably take 10 -20 hours to finish but I may be wrong.

Other Features - The Game can be played on ''Anamorphic'' setting (Wide Screen) and in Mono or Stereo.
Also there’s room for 3 Saved games on the Game-Pak so no need for a Controller pak.

Buy/Rent - I would say Rent! and if you like it, buy it, But only if its Cheap. (I got mine for Free).

Recommended Similar Games - PSX - Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3