Review by matt91486

Reviewed: 06/09/00 | Updated: 07/18/01

Makes Extreme-G look like it's going 2 mph

I am not obsessed with Star Wars. I hated Masters of the Teras Kasi more than any of you. I hated Shadows of the Empire, too. This game would be fun even if it had absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars. Glad we cleared that up. In fact, I think it maybe would have been better with out the ever annoying Anakin Skywalker saying ''My ronto moves faster than you!'' and ''Eat fumes, slimeball!'' Just to let you all know, I am trying to listen to your critiques and make my reviews longer. Sometimes I just can't. But here goes.

GRAPHICS--9
I can't believe a game that moves this fast has no slowdown. You would think it would look like The Matrix or something. Look at what happened to Crazy Taxi. The lighting is not very good. The sun doesn't reflect of the vehicles at all. The shadows are nice though. If I have to see Grabvine Gateway one more time... I have been stuck on that race for ever, so I had to borrow a friend's copy of this game to try out the remaining races. How depressing.

MUSIC--6
The only music in this game is the theme song and Watto's messed-up song after you finish a race. He has been spending way to much time around Young Skywalker. The sound effects procide continous sound in the races, so music would have probably just cluttered up your ears, so it was not added. That is my best guess.

CONTROL--8
Control is a breeze in this game. The turning is easy, brakes work quickly, and there are some special maneuvers if you get in a tight squeeze, such as turning your pod vertically. The turboing takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it you will probably trubo in every straightaway, and then turbo on a turn once and blow yourself to smithereens. Do not blame me or come whining to me when you do that. I do not care if you were in first place with a turn left in The Abyss. That is your problem.

FUN--8
This game would have been so much more fun with a 4-player race. I play multiplayer games a lot, so this game collects some dust when we are playing that. We play Diddy Kong Racing, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, and Bomberman instead. Because they have 4-player options. Please include this next time. Please include a deathmatch mode in this new Rogue Squadron-esque Episode 1 game coming out. I would be forever grateful.

CLOSING STATEMENT
All in all, this is one of the more unique, and better, racers in the over-crowded field on the Nintendo 64. Off the top of my head, only Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart, and Penny Racers are better. And they all had 4-player options, even if Penny Racers's was rather limited.

OVERALL--8