Review by MasterReviewer

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 07/05/02

A nice addition to the Pokemon Mania, but way too short..and way too easy.

It's madness! Pokemon is, of course we all know that. What is so fun about it? Nothing! I found no interest in it what so ever. But - still millions and millons of kids can't stop playing it! What is our society coming to? And Pokemon Snap, the newest game for the N64 just adds fuel to the fire. But, many pokemon fans will be disappointed. Even though it opens up a new realm of gaming, it still is way too easy and way too short. Plus - you don't get the freedom to walk around! You have to stay on a track, which sucks.

Graphics 9/10
The graphics are great. The pokemon look much better and sound much better. Believe me, the graphics are just better than the GameBoy. However there is a little bit of draw in.

Story 7/10
You are Todd, the shutterbug of the TV Show, and go around Pokemon Island taking pictures of Pokemon for Dr.Oak. You have to get good shots based on points. The better picture you take the better points you get. He bases it on the quality of the picture and how rare the Pokemon is. Pretty boring indeed. They could of made it better, believe me.

Control 10/10
Simple control! You don't have to move anywhere! Just point and shoot.

Sound/Music 8/10
Cartoony music may sound kinda silly and immature to older gamers, but younger gamers will find nicely to this music. The sound F/X are great however.

Replay Value 7/10
You may want to play this again, but doubtful. Who cares about getting all the points?

Overall 7/10
Overall, I would have to say: Rental. This game is defintely not going to satisfy your Pokemon craze. Even though it might for a week, you'll be craving for more. So, just wait. Gold and Silver are coming out soon.