I lost all my save data?

1. so My game kept crashing so I opened it up to clean it, with rubbing alcohol. when I put it in the 64 to play all three game files were wiped. including mine. is there a solution that doesn't require soldering?

User Info: Hyperlock

Hyperlock - 6 months ago

Answers

1. I doubt that there would be any way to restore the lost data, but you should test the cartridge and see if it holds a save. If the game saves, and no longer crashes, then that's probably the best case scenario.

When testing to see if the save feature works, I would suggest, after saving your game, to power down the console, and remove the cartridge. Reinsert the game, and turn on the console, and see if the save data is still there.

User Info: Revegelance

Revegelance - 5 months ago 0 0
  2. Ocarina of Time is one of the few N64 games that requires battery backed save files so it's possible that the battery finally gave out on your copy. If Revengelance's solution doesn't work, I found an article which suggests opening up the cartridge and removing the metal back plate as well as cleaning the insides with rubbing alcohol. If that still doesn't work, you'll likely have to solder in a new battery.

User Info: Jerrynsteph4eva

Jerrynsteph4eva - 4 months ago 0 0